[Telepathy] List of proxies on proxies.telepathy.im

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 12 08:27:11 PDT 2013

Hi!

On Monday 02 September 2013 10:51:12 Simon McVittie wrote:
> Please don't hard-code fallback proxies without their sysadmins'
> permission. Been there, done that :-) (see my other mail).
>
> If you have permission from some proxy providers to use them as (at
> least part of) the Telepathy default, getting them put in DNS should be
> easy (Collabora's sysadmins control telepathy.im) - it's getting that
> permission that's the non-trivial part, since it costs bandwidth.

I mailed all the people from the list I posted last time, which was 6 proxies.
I got 5 replies, out of which 4 agreed to add their server to the list. One of
the 4 wanted a link to the list but since then mail delivery to his address
fails, so I'll leave that one out for now (maybe we can add it later).
Additionally David Edmundson set up a proxy in the meantime and he's fine with
adding it too. Thus, we have 4 proxies which actually work and we're allowed
to add to the list:

proxy.jabbim.cz
freexmppproxy.co.uk
proxy.n0g.at
proxy.xmpp.kz

It'd be cool if those could be added... and the jabber.eu one removed in turn,
since it doesn't work.

Cheers!
Sven