[Uim] Problem using new schema

David Oftedal david at start.no
Wed Dec 24 01:20:31 EET 2003

Hi!

I've played around with the thought of making a romaja schema for
Korean, and although I can only read two Jamo, "l" and "ng", I've
started working on it.

I've encountered a few problems here and there, but there's one problem
that I can't seem to solve.

When typing in a hangeul character with the new schema, what I've
already typed in changes once I continue typing. A character can
disappear or turn into something else, apparently. I've tried spelling
the word "hangeul" in the examples on my website. The reason I'm using
an extra n is to differentiate between n g and ng:

http://home.no.net/david/romaja/

I know there aren't any words that begin with "hanng", because I
searched for it, so there's obviously some error in the schema or
elsewhere that's causing the characters to change. Either that, or
there's some mighty Hangeul secret that I'm not aware of.

Unfortunately, I can't terminate the character after typing "hann",
because pressing something like return or an arrow key causes the
character to disappear entirely. This is not a bug, because it happens
in the pinyin map too, it's just rather inconvenient.

Could anyone possibly guess what's wrong with the schema? Other
suggestions for improvements are welcome as well, of course. A few of
the changes I made were pure guesses, so there's probably a lot that
could be improved.

-David