[Uim] A question about the space bar

David Oftedal david at start.no
Fri Apr 9 00:40:39 EEST 2004

YamaKen wrote:
> Tokunaga-san, your patch caused unneeded effect for other IMs
> (although the patch is a temporary solution), so I've rewritten
> in safe way.
>
> I've rewritten the code as same logic as Tokunaga-san's, I
> thought, but I can't evaluate whether hangul IMs are working
> correctly or not.  David-san, please test latest hangul.scm.

Sorry YamaKen, I meant to send that last post to the list.

If the new patch you're referring to is the one that causes the spacebar
to commit the preedit in hangul.scm, then I can only say that it works
for me.

I applied these changes to romaja.scm days ago and it worked perfectly
without affecting any other input methods. Just now I installed uim
0.3.4.2, and it's *still* working perfectly without any sort of negative
effects.

So whatever errors you're experiencing on your system, I have a hard
time believing that they're caused by this patch. Especially since it
only applies to hangul.scm and doesn't affect the other files.

Anyway, I think it would be a mistake to apply a huge patch to fix
something that we don't know is broken yet. What sort of problems are
you experiencing exactly?

-David O.