[Uim] Do you plan to make uim-openoffice?

Takuro Ashie ashie at good-day.co.jp
Mon Aug 9 13:36:10 EEST 2004

Hi James.

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 15:46:03 +0800
James Su <suzhe at tsinghua.org.cn> wrote:

>   Mr. Hideki told me that they will implement native gtk2 immodule
> support in OOo, so that all available gtk2 immodules can be used with
> OOo. I think it's the best short term approach for OOo to get rid off xim.
>   You may ask him about this issue.

If he means "vcl-plugin", I already know it.

  http://gsl.openoffice.org/vcl/plugins/

And it seems alredy implemented (vcl/unx/gtk/window/gtkframe.cxx in OOo
source tree).

The page pointed out by Hiroshi describes my hesitation about
implementing immodule for "pure X" layer. Although "vcl-plugin" seems
solves almost all IM related problems on OOo, "pure X" layer still
depend on XIM, and we have to wait OOo 2.0 to use it. I want to solve it
if possible, but it seems high cost.

(I'm not sure about OOo, so I don't know whether "vcl-plugin" surely
solves almost all problems or not.)

Anyway, I should ask him about it.

Thanks,

--