[Uim] uim-xim only works with japanese locale?

Marc Nino Cellucci marc at tiger-marmalade.com
Wed Aug 11 08:16:39 EEST 2004

I don't know if this will help you, but I'm in a similar situation... I
primarily use English, but I need to type Japanese on occasion.  I use
Mandrake 10, and what I did was switch my locale to Japanese, and then edited
my .i18n file as follows:

LANGUAGE=en_US
GTK_IM_MODULE=uim-anthy
LC_ADDRESS=en_US
LC_COLLATE=ja_JP
XIM=uim-anthy
LC_NAME=en_US
LC_NUMERIC=en_US
LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US
LC_TIME=ja_JP
LANG=ja_JP
LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_US
LC_MESSAGES=ja_JP
LC_CTYPE=ja_JP
LC_TELEPHONE=en_US
ENC=eucj
LC_MONETARY=en_US
XIM_PROGRAM=uim-xim
LC_PAPER=en_US
XMODIFIERS="@im=uim-anthy"

This gives me English menus, dialogs, etc., but also lets me launch uim-xim.

Marc...