[Uim] Running uim in enlightenment (newbie question)

Steph Smith stephanie at thinkers.org
Fri Dec 10 00:54:28 EET 2004

I correct myself.

> Enlightenment, of course, doesn't come with any sort of system tray. I
> tried installing pypanel (http://pypanel.sourceforge.net), but it didn't
> seem to work. At least, launching pypanel out of the box, without any
> additional config over what's listed above, didn't result in a keyboard
> icon when I restarted X.

The icon does appear in pypanel. However, when I try to actually start
SCIM, nothing seems to happen. According to the guide:

"Open an editor and press Ctrl+Space to start SCIM. The SCIM toolbar
will show up at the bottom right corner of your screen."

I've opened OpenOffice (which was built with UTF-8 support). Then I
press CTRL+Space. However, nothing appears anywhere on my screen. Should
this be appearing in my systray, or should it be popping up as an
independent object/window?

Steph

--
I THINK THEY SHOULD CONTINUE the policy of not giving a Nobel Prize for
paneling.