Does recent uim work on 64bit system? (was: Re: [Uim] Re: uim 0.4.5 released)

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Sun Dec 19 23:15:35 EET 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:51:06 +0100
Mike FABIAN <mfabian at suse.de> wrote:

> TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki <tkng at xem.jp> さんは書きました:
>
> > I heard a rumor that recent uim doesn't work on 64bit environment.
> > Are your rpms working on 64bit environment? If you can easily check,
> > please teach me that they are working or not.
>
> Yes, they are working. The machine I am using for my daily work
> is an AMD 64bit machine and uim works. When updating the uim packages
> I tested again and the basic features which worked before are still
> working. I tried to use uim via uim-xim, GTK_IM_MODULE, QT_IM_MODULE
> (with uim-qt), and via scim-uim, everything worked OK on 64 bit.

Thanks! I'm glad to read that uim's basic feafutes are working on 64 bit
machine.

> There may be a 64 bit problem with uim-toolbar-gtk though.  When I
> start uim-toolbar-gtk on a 64 bit machine running the current
> development version of SuSE Linux, the toolbar appears but nothing
> happens when I click on the toolbar.

Oops, I noticed that latest uim-toolbar-gtk doesn't work also on my
machine. (It's IBM thinkpad, of course 32 bit CPU.) But on my machine,
uim-toolbar-gtk-systray works well. Does uim-toolbar-gtk-systray work on
your 64 bit machine? If so, maybe I can fix the bug.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
http://kodou.net/