[Uim] New problems with the return key + hangeul questions

David Oftedal david at start.no
Thu Jan 1 20:56:03 EET 2004

Hey!

With the arrival of uim version 0.2.2, the return key can successfully
be used for cutting off editing as predicted. However, in any input
method other than uim-anthy, it still won't input newlines. This means
that uim-anthy is still the only input method that's practically useable.

Other than that, I have a few questions about the hangul.scm. There are
a few special entries that I don't know what to do with. Some entries
start with a capital "Z". These are just zenkaku romaja, so I guess I
don't need to include those in my romaja schema.

Some entries, though, start witha capital "H". This seems to be some
special mode that lets you enter historical hangeul. Since "h" is mapped
to "o", I simply changed every "H" to a capital "O". Was this the
correct decision, or should I let it remain at the "H" key?

Similarly, some entries contain a capital "G", "D", and/or "S". Should I
let them remain at "G", "D" and "S", or change them to "H", "NG" and "N"?

I hope you can find some way of getting the return key to either break
off editing, or return a newline when no character's being edited.

Also, have a happy new year!

-Dave Oftedal