[Uim] Standalone scm file crashing GTK

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Fri Jan 30 16:01:05 EET 2004

Sorry for my long response time, I've been busy. Until the end of
February, my reaction may be blunt.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:31:15 +0100
David Oftedal <david at start.no> wrote:

> Merely suggesting the inclusion of a pain button, that's all. ;)

Though it's off topic, what is the meaning of 'pain button'? In my
dictionary, meaning of button is a round fastener or an electrical
switch. But both of them seems inadequate for this context.

> > At first, please let us know your whole new files you're trying to
> > add.  They must help us to reproduce and fix the problems.
>
> The file that works (by including it from hangul.scm) is here:
>
> http://home.no.net/david/romaja.scm
>
> And the file that doesn't work (which initialises itself) is here:
>
> http://home.no.net/david/romaja-standalone.scm
>
> I've already tried changing between #f and #t and a few things like
> that, but the rule seems to be that I have to include it from
> hangul.scm, or it'll crash.

I could reproduced this bug. romaja.scm works, but romaja-standalone.scm
doesn't work. But there's no problem in romaja-standalone.scm, so it's a
bug of libuim, I think. But I cannot guess what happen, so fixing it
seems quite difficult. It will take 1 or 2 weeks until fixing, you
should wait leisurely.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki