[Uim] Standalone scm file crashing GTK

Jon Babcock jon at kanji.com
Sat Jan 31 09:26:17 EET 2004

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki wrote:

> I could reproduced this bug. romaja.scm works, but romaja-standalone.scm
> doesn't work. But there's no problem in romaja-standalone.scm, so it's a
> bug of libuim, I think.

Or, maybe the problem is (1) the path for scheme files and (2) the
memory limit? See below.

I got pyunihan.scm to work by paying attention to two things:

(1) the path for scheme files.

It seems that uim is picking up other .scm files in one's home directory
or present working directory. Alternate versions of my pyunihan.scm,
etc.,  were greatly confusing uim. When I removed all scheme files from
my pwd, uim succeeded to use my pyunihan.scm file correctly. (Maybe this
is obvious to those who program in scheme.)

(2) memory limit.

loader.scm failed to handle my big pyunihan.scm file.  But after I
commented out all other 'require' statements in loader.scm except for
pyunihan.scm, it worked ok.

So now I wonder how to change uim's memory limit so that I can include
pyunihan and all the other input methods to loader.scm again?

HTH. Thanks.

Jon

PS
I want to revise pyunihan.scm before I give it to the uim developers.
I'll probably take a couple weeks.

--
Jon Babcock <jonatkanjidotcom>