[Uim] Re: [SCIM] Will SCIM become a part of iiimf project?

yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp
Fri Jul 2 03:04:57 EEST 2004

> > From: yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp
> > it is hard for Japanese input method devlopers to survive under IIIMF.
>
> You mean
>
> "it is hard for a Japanese input method devloper to survive under IIIMF"?
Yes! "it is harder" than other APIs.

> > Currently, there's no Japanese input method sanely implemented
> > under IIIMF.
>
> You declared your statement as if it is the definitive fact but don't
> you know It would be very difficult to prove thers's "no" something?
I simply telling current status. I know you are going to fix it,
but I am not sure it is possible.

> Do you intentionally ignore the fact that IIIMF can also be used
> as per user server with UNIX domain socket or INET socket on
> localhost with each user's privilege? Or you just didn't know?
Is it available on some distribution? Yes, I know the modification is easy.

> > Yes. They are saying for years it's trivial and fixable, only
> > some paranoias care.
>
> Can you quote who said what how many years ago?
3 years. I and you have discussed at iiimf list.

> > Yes! IT IS DEFINITLY UNACCEPTABLE from Japanese input
> > mehthod developer point of view.
>
> You mean
>
> "Yes! IT IS DEFINITLY UNACCEPTABLE from a Japanese input
> mehthod developer point of view."?
True. Developing Japanese conversion engine for IIIMF is extreamly
harder than other platforms, say Windows, MacOSX, scim and so on.