[Uim] How to turn on the input method as soon as the uc is created?

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 8 15:23:49 EEST 2004

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 06:16:17PM +0900, TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki wrote:
> Sorry for late replying.

> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:58:57 +1000
> Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au (Paul Hampson) wrote:

> > I'm not sure, but I'm thinking something along the lines of that, with
> > "helpers" able to make keystroke calls from the scheme files, with the
> > names used in the scheme files, eg. send 'dokey generic-on-key' to uim
> > and it processes it as it would if the key that's define-key'd to that
> > was pressed.

> > That'd allow helpers to work genericly, or even to send some backend's
> > private keystrokes as neccessary.

> Though I'm not detailed in scim-uim, scim and uim will work in same
> process, I think. We wouldn't need IPC stuff but need APIs here.

Hmm. I don't know scim that well either, but I had _assumed_ it was
like UIM and the graphical bits and pieces were seperate processes,
with their own IPC API. And I'd assumed scim-uim talked to uim like
the helper API or something similar...

I guess I need to get scim-uim compiled and working before I can be
of much help in this direction.

> And, does this mechanism mean SCIM know private data of uim?

It means it can know and act upon such, yes. Although only the keys,
rather than data structures and other details.

In this way, we end up making this a general interface for anything
that wants to talk to UIM, rather than a helper API. I do not think
that was the original intention though?

I really must read that design document that was posted a while ago.
:-)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.