[Uim] Preventing Shift+Space from turning on IM

Joseph Foran jcforan at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 20:17:08 EEST 2004

Hi,

--- Yukiko Bando <ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp> wrote: > Hi,
> UIM-anthy reads ~/.uim in Mandrake too. :)
> Add the following lines to ~/.uim and see if it
> works.
>
> (define-key generic-on-key? '("<Control>j"
> "<Control>J"))
> (define-key generic-off-key? '("<Control>j"
> "<Control>J"))
> (define-key anthy-latin-key? 'generic-off-key?)

Thanks for your reply Yukiko-san. Unfortunately, this
didn't work either. Obviously there's something wrong
with my setup but as a Linux newbie, I'm not
knowlegable enough to work out what it is.

I did try the following:

I killed uim-xim and then restarted it using the
command:

  exec uim-xim &

The following messages appeared in Konsole

  UIM-XIM brdige. Now only supports Japanese.

  ERROR: unbound variable (errobj define-key)

  XMODIFIERS=@im=tcode ,(ja) registered

This caused KDE to hang (though I was able to access
the system through the other ttys)

Hopefully someone will be able to spot the problem
straight away given these messages. I assume, given
the second line above, that there's a syntax error in
one of my Scheme files but at the moment my
programming knowledge only extends to C based
languages so I don't think I'd find it very quickly.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Joe