[Uim] scim-uim and scim-m17n.

David Oftedal david at start.no
Mon Jun 14 19:45:24 EEST 2004

> With scim-uim, SCIM and UIM can work together now. I think, it's maybe
> the start point of cooperation between SCIM and UIM.

That's wonderful. Absolutely brilliant.

Does that mean, though, that it's now possibles to use m17nlib methods
through uim through scim through uim through scim through uim through
scim through uim through scim through uim through scim through uim
through scim through uim through scim through uim through scim through
uim through scim? Let's see who can get the most instances without using
up all their RAM! :) Seriously though, GTK+ users will get an insanely
long "Input Methods" menu if they install uim with m17lib, SCIM with
m17lib and SCIM with uim :D We're going to have to clean up that menu
somehow.

On another note, is anyone making RPMs and ebuilds and whatnot for these
modules? I'm always trying to recommend cutting-edge methods like uim
and scim to users who want input methods, but of course they have to be
so easy to install that the installation instructions don't take more
than one or two lines.

Anyway, thanks so much for your hard work on UIM and SCIM! It's an
exciting time for Linux internationalization right now! :)

-David