[Uim] scim-uim and scim-m17n.

David Oftedal david at start.no
Wed Jun 16 03:59:01 EEST 2004

Hey by the way, I was wondering if someone could provide me with a
little more help on initializing uim-scim?

My .xinitrc currently has these to command lines:

scim -f socket -ns socket -d &
scim -f x11 -s socket -c socket -d &

But the first e-mail from James listed these three:

> $ scim -f socket -e uim,m17n -c simple -d
> $ scim -f x11 -e socket -c socket -d
> $ export XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM

It's the first two I'm wondering about. The first one uses -e and -c
instead of -ns, and the second one uses -e instead of -s. What do these
parameters do, and will SCIM still work with the -e uim,m17n option even
without m17n and uim being installed?

-David