[Uim] uim 0.4.5-beta1 released

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Fri Oct 15 00:54:13 EEST 2004

uim 0.4.4.x series has several critical bugs, so we desided to change
our existing release system. Former part of this mail is about new
release system. Any advice about new release system is welcome. Latter
part of this mail is about overview of new release.

* before 0.4.5

We marked new release as stable if a critical bug wasn't reported during
5 days since release date. It was uim's local rule, but the rule was
less acknowledged obviously from users, and caused some confusion.

* after 0.4.5

We'll do commonly used 'beta release'.

During from the beta release to the official release, commiters must not
commit any new changes to the release branch except bug fixes. (Also
documentation update is OK because documents don't affect program's
semantics, but do not edit even Makefile.am.)

* pending issues

 - Should beta release be notified on the web?
 - Do we strong caution to the beta release?
 - How long during is need for official release from beta release?

uim 0.4.5-beta1 is now available for download:

 http://freedesktop.org/Software/UimDownload/uim-0.4.5-beta1.tar.gz
 sha1sum:b443e1a7f7a66622d720b34650ff77ddc73ce35b  uim-0.4.5-beta1.tar.gz

If you want to use subversion repository to check beta branch:
 svn checkout http://freedesktop.org:8080/svn/uim/branches/uim-0.4.5

Overview of Changes in uim 0.4.5-beta1
======================================

* uim-xim
 - Now uim-xim doesn't need UTF-8 locale again. (But if your uim-xim
   works on UTF-8 locale, you can input any characters representable
   in UTF-8.)

* uim-fep
 - Corresponded to uim's new default IM selection scheme.

* toolbar-gtk
 - Fix cannot be compiled with Gtk+ 2.2.x.

* libuim
 - Remove invalid calling of textdomain.