[Uim] Replacing property handling codes with property.scm

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Thu Oct 21 06:05:05 EEST 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:30:24 +0900
YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:

> At Thu, 21 Oct 2004 06:47:02 +0900,
> tkng at xem.jp wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:57:41 +0900
> > YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
>
> > To put it simply, problem could be break down as follows:
> >
> >  1. Should we accept constant variable as property?
> >  2. Usage of property such as

> >     is acceptable?
> >
> > Could you agree this break down? What is your opinion about these
> > questions?
> >
> > Short my answer is:
> >
> > 1. Yes
> > 2. Maybe yes
> >
> > 1 is yes because constant variable characterize the difference
> > between one IM's instance and other IM's instance.
> >
> > 2 is difficult question, but, basically my answer is yes.
>
> What did you mean by the word 'constant variable'? Show me
> actual example as same style as follows.
>
> branch dictionary
>    leaf  add a word to dictionary
>    leaf  edit user dictionary

If I indicate an example, this is the example. To be more detailed,
"leaf  add a word to dictionary" is constant variable.

For contrast, I show an example when variable is not constant.

branch hi
   leaf   hi hiragana input mode
   leaf   ka katakana input mode

In this case, iconic-label of branch is hi or ka.

But, I think these examples are not easy to understand, because their
form are after mapped helper-protocol. Constant variable has only 1
state definition, the constant property has only 1 possible state.

My proposal of previous mail is that make an exception in favor of
handling of these constant variables. (Ordinary, property is mapped to
branch, but constant property is mapped to leaf).

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
http://kodou.net/