[Uim] Adding new IM

Etsushi Kato ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp
Fri Apr 22 09:38:33 EEST 2005

On 2005/04/22, at 2:57, Vincent Ramos wrote:

> I had installed them in /usr/share/uim as *.scm files. I cannot find
> out how
> to include them in scim's other available IM list (I think I had
> modified
> some file I can't remember).
>
> Could someone help me, please?

Which version uim do you use?  If it is 0.4.6, please try following way.

First, check whether your IMs are recognized by uim.
  1. Launch uim-sh in terminal.
     $ uim-sh

  2. Check installed-im-module-list variable.
     uim> installed-im-module-list
     ("pyload" "anthy" "prime" "skk" "tcode" "tutcode" "hangul" "viqr"
"ipa-x-sampa" "latin" "m17nlib")

  3. If your IMs are shown in the above list, uim side is OK.  In this
case,
     check whether scim-uim is properly installed.

If the installed-im-module-list doesn't contain your IMs, you need to
modify it.

   If you don't have uim source, add your IMs names to
   'installed-im-module-list' and 'enabled-im-list' in
   /usr/share/uim/installed-modules.scm directly, and also add your IMs
   description to /usr/share/uim/loader.scm.

   If you have the source code and compile uim by yourself, put your IM
   files to uim-0.4.6/scm/ and edit uim-0.4.6/scm/Makefile.in before
   invoking ./configure.
   In Makefile.in, just add your IMs file names to "SCM_FILES", and
   your IMs names to "module_names".  Then installed-modules.scm and
   loader.scm should be generated appropriately during build process.

HTH,
--
Etsushi Kato
ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp