[Uim] Reorganization of helper API

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Sat Aug 6 03:29:58 EEST 2005

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:24:50 +0900
YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:

> At Wed, 3 Aug 2005 01:44:00 +0900,
> tkng at xem.jp wrote:
> >
> > Now I'm concidering improvement of helper API of uim.
> >
> > At fisrt, now helper API has three problems:
> >
> > 1. The word 'helper' is not intuitive.
>
> > To solve 1, I propose new name for API, 'message API'. In addition,
> > this means we don't change helper API, so maybe we can keep backward
> > compatibility completely.
>
> It's a good improvement. I favor both the motivation and the way.
>
> > In the new message API, instead of helper-server, message-bus is
> > used. message bus is a process to relay inter process
> > communications.
>
> I think that -server (or 'd') suffix should be kept to inform
> users what it is.

I don't prefer 'd' suffix, because it's too short. I'm thinking that is
bad habit of UNIX. Therefore, I prefer uim-mbus-server or
uim-mbus-daemon. In addition, I don't want to user the word 'server'
for this message bus, because message-bus-daemon itself doesn't serve
any information, it only transfers messages. So we should use
uim-mbus-daemon.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki