[Uim] GTK+ version dependency

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sat Jan 8 20:36:54 EET 2005

At Sun, 9 Jan 2005 02:24:30 +0900,
tkng at xem.jp wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:33:32 +0900
> YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > I don't oppose to requiring GTK+ 2.4 by such reason, as I said
> > in previous mail. It's a proper reason.
> >
> > But please understand what I'm worried about and give me
> > explicit answer to remove the worry.
> >
> > I'm worried about occurrence of implicit GTK+ 2.6 dependency.
> > What I meant by "I want to be loose" is "I don't ensure all GTK+
> > API functions used in uim is available in GTK+ 2.4".
> >
> > Please explicitly declare "I will habitize following coding
> > process to ensure proper GTK+ version dependency. All uim
> > deveper must also be so.". Then I'll shut my loud mouth with
> > happy mind.
>
> You are overanxious. Of couse I have no will to use GTK+ 2.6 features.

No. What I want is not what you hope but how we do.

As a fact, we had already experienced implicit and unwanted GTK+
2.4 dependency under 2.2 requirement in uim 0.4.4. So it will
come again if we are not changed. What I persist is how to
prevent recurrence of it.

I request again. Please explicitly declare "uim developers must
check 'Since 2.x' message of GTK+ API doc" as your own words,
project leader.

I don't want to experience uim 0.4.4 again.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp