[Uim] Korean input

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at in-nomine.org
Mon Jul 18 15:34:54 EEST 2005

I do not have the source right now (only have email access), so please
excuse me for asking this. :)

I am collecting information for the documentation.

For the Korean input, which input methods do we support?

Do we support:

- Beolsik 2
- Beolsik 3/390
- Beolsik 3/Final

I have been using Beolsik 2 for a while now, and to be honest I find it to
suck hard for US keyboards.

Has anyone ever worked on a hiragana-like input system?  So that if I want
to type: annyeong haseyo I type it like it is and get the right jamo and not
having to type (in Beolsik 2) dkssudgktpdy (which means nothing for me).

Typing : ann-yeo-ng ha-se-yo (without the -, merely boundary markers) would
make way more sense to me.  I cannot understand why, for example Microsoft,
forces their users to use this Beolsik input method.

Thanks for the information,

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
Cogito, ergo sum...