[Uim] User/developer's manual

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Tue Mar 8 21:16:44 EET 2005

Hi,

Currently, we have several selections (wiki, plain text under doc/
directory, docbook under doc/api-doc/ directory) for documentation of
uim, but division of roles of each selection is unclear.

That is a problem, we should specify the role of each selection. And
then we should reorganize documentation system if needed.

* Requirement

 (1) Latest revision could be seen from web.
 (2) Easy to write.
 (3) Easy to comment.
 (4) Easy to handle image files.
 (5) Easy to translate.

* solution

I think, we should have master of the documents, other stuff should be
generated from master document. From this point of view, we should
remove (or generate automatically) plain text files under doc/
directory. (But maybe we should remain doc/COMPATIBILITY, because the
purpose of this document is different from other documents.)

I think, solution would be a WiKi or something other similar stuff. But
this helps only (1) and (2). In addition, without authentication, we
may encounter WiKi spams. WiKi seems too far from perfect solution.
Does anyone knows better solution than WiKi for documentation?

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
tkng at xem.jp