[Uim] User/developer's manual

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Wed Mar 9 00:00:39 EET 2005

At Wed, 9 Mar 2005 04:16:44 +0900,
tkng at xem.jp wrote:
> That is a problem, we should specify the role of each selection. And
> then we should reorganize documentation system if needed.

Good direction!

> * Requirement
>
>  (1) Latest revision could be seen from web.
>  (2) Easy to write.
>  (3) Easy to comment.
>  (4) Easy to handle image files.
>  (5) Easy to translate.

I also prefer DocBook XML as first step. Since we already have
some DocBook based docs, transition cost may be small.

It's efficient investment although (3) is not satisfied.

> directory. (But maybe we should remain doc/COMPATIBILITY, because the
> purpose of this document is different from other documents.)

It should also be turned into as same as others once we get
stable doc environment and it is XML-based. Extracting specific
entry of the doc via XSL will be useful for developers.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp