[Uim] Mouse click while editing preedit

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Thu May 5 23:39:47 EEST 2005

On 05 May 2005 18:01:20 +0900
Park Jae-hyeon <jhpark at kias.re.kr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am writing another Korean input module for uim.

Great! How can I get your new Korean input module?

> I am testing my input method with uim 0.4.6final1 and gedit on Debian
> sarge. It works almost as I want it to, but there is a serious problem.

> If I click at a location within the text area of gedit, different from
> the location of the preedit area, when a syllable (or character) is
> under composition, then this preedit area jumps to the point at which
> I clicked.  I found that the hangul2 input method included in uim also
> shows this behavior.
>
> I want my input method to work like this: if I click at a point during
> character composition, this character is committed on the present
> preedit area and then the cursor moves to the point at which I
> clicked.  I found that kinput2 + canna + gedit works in the way I
> want.
>
> I tried to do this by inserting code to commit in the reset handler
> procedure.  However, this sometimes works, and sometimes does not.
> Also, I am not sure whether or not this is a correct way to implement
> it because I found a comment in anthy.scm by Mr. YamaKen that code to
> commit pending string must not be added to anthy-reset-handler.
>
> Can anybody give me a guide on how to solve this problem, please?

This is a bit difficult problem and unfortunately we can't provide
a solution right now.

The problem is that, semantic of 'reset' is still opaque for us. I
think your mail is a good chance for us. I'll write another mail later
to discuss about the semantic of 'reset'.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki