[Uim] Re: Chinese word dictionary for byeoru

Etsushi Kato ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp
Fri Nov 25 07:34:46 EET 2005

Hi jhpark,

On 2005/11/25, at 13:49, Jae-hyeon Park wrote:

> I converted hanja.txt included in libhangul to make a Chinese word
> dictionary for byeoru.  Now you can do word conversion using this
> dictionary.  It can be downloaded from
>
> http://www.tuhep.phys.tohoku.ac.jp/~jhpark/uim/byeoru-dic.scm
>
> Kato-san, could you please commit the change?
> Let me include a log entry for you:
>     * scm/byeoru-dic.scm : now uses dictionary data from
>       the libhangul project, http://kldp.net/projects/hangul/ .

Nice work!

I have one question about the file before committing the changes.
Does it need to change the LICENSE header of byeoru-dic.scm to LGPL
from uim's BSD license as hanja.txt seems to belong to libhangul's
LGPL?  uim has also LGPL's py.scm as noted in COPYING in top directory
and header of py.scm.

> I should mention the source of the dictionary data and the project it
> belongs to.  The libhangul project is for building a common library to
> be used in hangul input methods such as nabi, saenaru, and imhangul.
> Single character entries of hanja.txt were extracted from Unihan.txt,
> to which meanings information was added with efforts of many
> contributors.  Words data in hanja.txt was extracted from the debian
> ami package maintained by Changwoo Ryu.  The web page for the
> libhangul project is at http://kldp.net/projects/hangul/ from which
> you can get up-to-date dictionary data.

Cheers,
--