[Uim] Renaming plan under uim/ again

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sat Sep 24 22:38:18 PDT 2005

At Sun, 25 Sep 2005 08:48:51 +0900,
tkng at xem.jp wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 03:52:55 +0900
> YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
>
> > At Sun, 25 Sep 2005 03:49:08 +0900,
> > tkng at xem.jp wrote:
> > > I'm planning to rename some filenames, add a new file, change the
> > > role of some files. Following list is my plan for now. But since
> > > now I don't have enough time to write code, I'll start working from
> > > Oct 1.
> >
> > It will introduce considerable pain to syncing r5rs branch with
> > trunk. Such reorganization should be performed after r5rs branch
> > has been merged into trunk.
>
> Difference between trunk and r5rs is not so huge, If we see only uim/
> directory.
>
>  $ diff uim-trunk/uim ~/src/uim-r5rs/uim |diffstat
>  Makefile         |   62 +--------
>  Makefile.am      |    8 -
>  Makefile.in      |   48 -------
>  config.h         |    3
>  config.h.in      |    3
>  plugin.c         |    2
>  uim-compat-scm.c |   82 +++++--------
>  uim-scm-gc.c     |   19 +--
>  uim-scm.c        |  342 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------------
>  uim-scm.h        |   32 +++--
>  uim.c            |   12 +
>  uim.h            |    3
>
> Yes, uim-scm*.[ch]. were greatly changed. If I touch them, it would be
> hard work. But I won't. Renaming some files in trunk, then merging them
> into r5rs branch would not be so hard.

Don't say "not so hard" about the work. Other persons are paying
the cost instead of you, to check the syncing and correct it.

For example, this stat does not contain uimint/uim-internal.h
which recently suffered a code vanishing from the "not so hard"
merging. Not you but I detected and corrected it. These two
facts indicate that you are not paying attention enough for
them. In the cases, the payer is me.

You had said "not so hard" about the syncing as same as this
time when r5rs branch has been started, but at least 3 files
ware silently broken by the syncing without error, and corrected
by others instead of you. Be aware of our pain to check the
syncing, and your new plan will definitely cost us more.

Although you are claiming them 'exception', continual exceptions
are not an exception.

Please don't ignore the facts, and please learn by experience.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp