[Uim] Leader of uim project should be changed

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at in-nomine.org
Mon Sep 26 07:41:31 PDT 2005

Konbanha Takuro-san,

-On [20050926 06:12], Takuro Ashie (ashie at homa.ne.jp) wrote:
>At first, I suggest to switch maintainer of uim project from tkng-san
>to YamaKen-san.

Please see my comments below.

>I think tkng-san isn't suitable person for the leader of uim project
>anymore at this time. Because it seems that tkng-san doesn't grasp
>whole of uim project too much, and tkng-san's estimate is too wrong in
>many cases. As a result tkng-san confuse other people, and some times
>tkng-san makes other deveploper's motivation lose.

The way I have experienced things is merely that Tokunaga-san shows his
youthful enthousiasm and because of trying to do a lot of things misses some
things from time to time.  I think we all were like that when we were
younger, ne?

>I believe that tkng-san will become a good developer and a good leader
>in the future, but still lacks experience at this time.

The dilemma is whether switching leaders makes sense for the project.
Furthermore, Yamaken-san needs to have the time and desire to even become
the maintainer.

>tkng-san should concentrate to become a great developer for several
>years.

Mmm, isn't it typical in Nihon to work with a kouhai/senpai system?  Perhaps
Yamaken-san or someone else can help guide Tokunaga-san along the path.

I kindly ask you to consider this alternative instead of just switching
maintainers around.  Nothing can be learnt if the mistakes are not pointed
out and helped with.

Thanks,

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://www.andf.info/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself. -Chinese Proverb