[Uim] Accessing input methods from the m17nlib in UIM

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 08:47:39 EET 2006

On 12/10/06, Zach Rowinski <zach.rowinski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible that m17nlib.db was not configured correctly when it was
> installed?
>

> On 12/10/06, Zach Rowinski < zach.rowinski at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks. Unfortunately, after some effort I can not configure the prefs so
> that the m17n-*-* appears as an option in the 'Enabled Input Methods' field
> in uim-pref-gtk window. I have tried to manually register the m17nlib based
> on instructions from Hirosi in previous emails replies, but still have had
> no luck.

Hmm,  As Utumi-san said, something is broken about m17n related
package in ubuntu.
Check installed version of m17n-lib and m17n-db, and the existence of
*.mim files in /usr/share/m17n/ directory which should be installed by
m17n-db.  But I'm totally not sure about Debian/Ubuntu.

And for uim-m17nlib, you can check whether it is properly registered
by uim-module-manager with looking into
/usr/share/uim/installed-modules.scm file.  If you have "m17nlib" in
installed-im-module-list, and some m17n-*-* IM names in
installed-im-list, your installation is fine.

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato
ek.kato at gmail.com