[Uim] Improvement of documentation

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Tue Dec 26 00:01:25 PST 2006

Hi Martin,

At Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:53:09 +0000,
martin at swift.is wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 05:06:05AM +0900, YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen wrote:
> > Sounds good. And your document organization is reasonable and
> > personally preferable. Please go ahead.
>
> Great. Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to get much work
> done on this. I've been discussing this at Wikibooks, but it took a
> while before I was fairly certain that it wouldn't get deleted.
> Basically, there was a requirement about "no original research" to
> stop crackpots posting their theories there.

Thank you for the hard work.

> You will find the outline I sent in a previous email to the list at
>   <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Uim>

I think that the Usage section should be drafted first. It will
make the appropriate place for the Setup subsection clear. How
do you think about it?

> I've done some minor doc writing -- mainly rewriting stuff of the old
> wiki to make sure, we don't loose any information -- and will try to
> put them up at Wikibooks when I have the time.

I look forward to see it. But enjoy your holidays first :)

> > >  - Distro package managers
> > >     (should this simply refer to distributions' docs for their
> > >     respective package managers?)
> >
> > I think it's enough at first.
>
> Does anyone have an overview of which distributions have uim packaged?

This Japanese document looks providing key information.

  http://anthy.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/hikija/hiki.cgi?InstallUim#l10

  Machine translation:
  http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/body/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fanthy.sourceforge.jp%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fhikija%2Fhiki.cgi%3FInstallUim&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

> > >     * Graphical tools
> > >      (it doesn't matter which tool -- gtk or qt -- one uses, right?)
> >
> > Basically yes. But it may indicate some trivial differences.
>
> Not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate? Are the two functionally
> identical, with only some minor wording differences?

What I meant is what you guessed. The tools are expected to be
having identical functionality on both GTK+ and Qt, but it's not
validated and so minor differences may exist.

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
FAMILY   Given / Nick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name