[Uim] uim 1.4.0-alpha released

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sat Dec 30 15:58:46 PST 2006

Hi Etsushi,

At Sat, 30 Dec 2006 14:22:53 +0900,
ek.kato at gmail.com wrote:

> I just tested 1.4.0-alpha and found uim-xim crashed at the startup
> with "Error: in scm_symbol_value: unbound variable: uim-candwin-prog"
> message.  Can you make uim_scm_symbol_value_str() in uim-compat-scm.c
> compatible with SIOD version?  (i.e. don't crash with accessing
> unbound symbol with uim_scm_symbol_value_str())

Fixed in r4277. Please try it.

My fault is that I didn't compare the specifications of
uim-{,-compat}scm.c between uim 1.3.x and r5rs at r5rs branch
merger. I'll validate it before the beta release.

> Also it seems 1.4.0-alpha is somewhat slower than previous version in
> my old iBook.  Is there anyway to improve the performance (like
> changing GC parameters)?

The GC configuration values of uim 1.3.x and 1.4.x are exactly
same.

I wonder that you had specified --enable-debug to uim's
configure. Please disable it if specified. As I wrote in release
notes of SigScheme 0.7.x, --enable-debug makes SigScheme quite
heavy. Do not specify it to uim for daily use. I'll append this
warning to uim 1.4.0-beta release note.

At Fri, 29 Dec 2006 23:58:00 +0900,
yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp wrote:

> SigScheme 0.7.2 Release Note
(snip)
> Notes for Packagers and System Integrators
(snip)

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
FAMILY   Given / Nick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name