[Uim] Focus and cursor position shift handlings (bug #7729)

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Fri Nov 10 09:37:07 EET 2006

At Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:20:34 +0900,
ek.kato at gmail.com wrote:

> On 11/10/06, YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > I've committed the API with some modifications below. Please
> > review it.
> >
> > - textarea-local? arg of place/displace is removed since
> >   unneeded
> >
> > - The responsibility of clearing bridge-level preedit on
> >   'displace' is changed to bridge itself. Sorry, my scenarios
> >   were inconsistent with my API definition
>
> In case of Latin IM with cursor position change within a text area,
> who reset the uim-level context (deadkeys)?  From uim.h, displace
> handler cannot clear the preedit.  Do place handler in Latin IM reset
> it?

Any IM is permitted to reset its uim-level preedit on a displace
call. The expression "uim-level preedit MAY be preserved" of the
description is intended as "uim-level preedit is PERMITTED to be
preserved". I'll fix the confusable expression.

/**
 * Notify input context that the input at the position has been discontinued.
 *
 * This notifies an input context that input at current input point (textarea
 * and/or cursor position) has been discontinued. The input context may commit
 * a string, but must not update/clear the preedit. Bridge-level preedit must
 * be cleared by bridge itself (uim-level preedit may be preserved for
 * subsequent 'place' handler call).
 *
 * @param uc input context
 */