[Uim] surrounding text

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sat Oct 7 23:52:08 EEST 2006

At Sun, 8 Oct 2006 04:11:51 +0900,
ek.kato at gmail.com wrote:

> On 10/7/06, YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > Please review the patch attached to. Though I said you about an
> > unified interface for these text acquisitions, I separated
> > string input as an independent interface to simplify internal
> > implementations after some considerations.
>
> I've checked the patch and it is great enough!

Thanks for appreciation. Could you implement this?

> BTW, is there any reason to use such sequence pattern
> in text-extent-alist? :)

They are low-active bit flags. And it is intended to be used for
capability detection if needed, although currently not being
used.

UTextExtent_Unspecified = -1,  /* ..1111 */
UTextExtent_Full        = -2,  /* ..1110 */
UTextExtent_Paragraph   = -3,  /* ..1101 */
UTextExtent_Sentence    = -5,  /* ..1011 */

enum UTextExtent
bridge_text_acquisition_capability(void)
{
  /* low-active OR */
  return ~(~UTextExtent_Full | ~UTextExtent_Line | ~UTextExtent_Paragraph);
}

/* low-active input AND */
if (~bridge_text_acquisition_capability() & ~UTextExtent_CharFrags) {
}

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
FAMILY   Given / Nick