[Uim] [Docs] GTK-immodule not working

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 15:45:36 EET 2007

On 2/5/07, Martin Swift <martin at swift.is> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 04:16:29PM +0900, Etsushi Kato wrote:
> > From gtk.immodules.current, you didn't installed uim's GTK+ immodule
> > correctly.
> > You should have im-uim.so installed in
> > /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/.  Maybe upgrade of GTK+ package
> > causes the problem since previous version of GTK+ uses
> > /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/immodules directory for it.
>
> I didn't give myself the time to fix it, but an upgrade somewhere in
> the last two months fixed the problem.
>
> What do you think of suggesting: "Try to reinstall GTK+ and if that
> doesn't
> work, please follow the steps below" on
>   <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Uim/Troubleshooting>
> be a god idea? Would UIM have to be reinstalled as well?

I think reinstalling GTK+ doesn't help in this case.  First, we should
check whether GTK+ recognize our IM module using
gtk-query-immodules-2.0 command.  And, 1) if the output doesn't
contain uim's im-uim.so, we should recompile uim against new GTK+
version. 2) If the output contains im-uim.so but it doesn't work, we
should check $sysconfig/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules file (it place is
depending on the distribution) to have im-uim.so.  That's it.

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato
ek.kato at gmail.com