[Uim] XOpenIM fails after installing uim-xim

elmar at elstel.org elmar at elstel.org
Sun Jul 15 12:00:40 PDT 2012

After installing uim-xim XOpenIM fails at me returning NULL.
It even fails with the default locale as used before, with and
without XLocaleModifiers @im=uim. All the examples on the
internet as well as the example program in the Xlib Program-
ming Manual by Adrian Nye on the internet pass NULL for the
resource database. Well, I can create a resource database out
of my ~/.Xdefaults but that does not help me as long as I do
not know what resources uim will expect there. Can anyone
tell me on what to put into this resource database in order to
make my XIM programs work again?

Regards,
Elmar Stellnberger