[VDPAU] Weave de-interlacing

Stephen Warren swarren at nvidia.com
Tue Apr 24 08:52:34 PDT 2012

Andy Furniss wrote at Monday, April 23, 2012 5:40 PM:
> Looking at the spec on line I see that Weave de-interlacing is the same
> as no de-interlacing, which makes me wonder what the point of it is.
>
> Where there at any time other plans for it?

No there weren't any other plans; weave de-interlacing is no de-interlacing.

> I ask because it seems it could have some use -
>
> If it were allowed to be called at field rate then it would possibly be
> better looking than frame rate weave.

Weave by definition takes pairs of fields and weaves them into a frame, so
it doesn't make sense to use it at field rate.

> If called by field it would also allow the decoder to communicate field
> order to the display process - so in theory the driver could do field
> sync if driving an interlaced display. My TV when in an interlaced mode
> will do a pretty good deinterlace for free - of course it's no use
> without sync.

The VDPAU display model only supports progressive output really, since
there's no way to display individual fields.

--
nvpublic