[waffle] Goals for 0.4

Chad Versace chad.versace at linux.intel.com
Mon May 21 15:32:47 PDT 2012

Just a little announcement of what the goal is for waffle-0.4,
which I expect to release this week.

For anyone who has given attention to the release notes,
you may have noticed that I'm trying to create a new git
tag whenever Waffle acquires support for a new feature.
For example, I tagged 0.3 when I felt comfortable with the API
for selecting context attributes (that is, WAFFLE_CONTEXT_*)
with waffle_config_choose().

I have a single goal for the 0.4 tag: to add API to allow users to
get at the native objects underneath the waffle objects. For example,
there will be a function waffle_display_get_x11_egl() that will return
a pointer to

struct waffle_x11_egl_display {
    Display *xlib;
    xcb_connection_t *xcb;
    EGLDisplay egl;
};

By exposing such an API to Piglit, Piglit will be able to take platform-specific
actions on objects that are outside of Waffle's intended scope. Actions like
setting X window manager hints.

----
Chad Versace
chad.versace at linux.intel.com