[waimea] Status?

Justin Spadea justin at j-z-s.com
Tue Dec 21 00:02:17 EET 2004

I tried out 0.5.0-cvs and it looks like it will be pretty sweet once
stable - was a little too buggy for daily use.

I use 0.4.0 with a couple patches I wrote a long time ago (have been for
the past couple years). The first allows for a rootCommand: option in
the resource file (so you only need to update startup-scripts in one
location, as opposed to every theme file). The second is my favorite
feature hands-down: it adds a MoveBy action. With this you can move
windows around with your keyboard :-).

There are also other patches that people requested, but I do not use
them myself. You can find it all, including an action file that
demonstrates the MoveBy action, at http://j-z-s.com/waimea/. Note that
the cvs versions of the patches were for the older waimea cvs and will
not work with the current one (much has been rewritten). I believe all
these patches were applied to kahakai - I was originally a developer for
the fork, but disagreed with what the other guys wanted to do (I wanted
to improve/add features, they wanted to completely rewrite it and took
on too much at once, thus it died young).

I don't recall the exact command to apply the patches, but `man patch'
should solve the problem. Also, some patches might interfere with others
(you can manually apply them if so).

Lastly, just wanted to mention that Aegis is a fork of AEWM++, not of
waimea.

- Justin