[waimea] waimea 0.5.0 & mplayer crash

Andy Herrman aherrman at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 1 15:27:34 EEST 2004

First off, I was under the impression that xorg hadn't gotten true
transparency working yet.  That would explain why you were having
problems getting it to work.
As for the mplayer thing, I'm not sure what could be causing that.  It
might be waimea, but it might be xorg or mplayer being stupid.  Try
making mplayer fullscreen in another window manager.  Just emerge
openbox or windowmaker or something, load that up, and try mplayer.  If
it still crashes then it's probably something to do with either xorg or
mplayer.  If it doesn't then it might be something with waimea.
I'm not sure what that problem could be, but that should help you narrow
it down a bit.

    -Andy