[waimea] Background images, svg, icons

jeffrey-wilson at cinci.rr.com jeffrey-wilson at cinci.rr.com
Sat Jul 10 14:51:12 EEST 2004

Looks like my question helped out a few people.  Yup, adding svg to my USE variables now lets me see the freedesktop.org svg image on my desktop.  Cool.

> Last line of my old style file (I'm not currently using waimea, am
>waiting for it to mature a bit more before I go back to it):
>rootCommand: wmsetbg -b black -a -S ~/wallpaper

This command seems to be for the 0.4.0 version of waimea.  I do not see it in current theme style files.  The "root.conf" file of the freedesktop.org theme does have a place for background gradients and files, although my test jpeg does not work.  Maybe only *.svg work?  Maybe I just have the syntax wrong.

> > Oh and by the way, is there anywhere to get new waimea styles (short
> > of making them myself), any particular sites/places you find them?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Toby
>
> http://themes.freshmeat.net/browse/1006/

The themes at freshmeat are for earlier versions of waimea.  Well, at least the most recent one (SiamesicX ) is.  I could not get it to work for me since the formatting of the styles has changed since 0.4.0.  Looks like we need some theme authors.  =-)