[waimea] Waimea running quite slow..

Eoin Hennessy eoin.hennessy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 02:43:10 EEST 2004

I'm using the latest cvs waimea, and on my system it's running very
slow. The machine's a p3 800mhz with 256mb of RAM. I'm running a
barebones slackware 9.1 installation (without gnome/kde bloat). I'm
using the latest xorg X server on an nVidia FX5600 with the latest
nvidia drivers.

Waimea is usable, but some actions are painfully slow, such as
initialisation, window resizing, scrolling and shading. I have a
feeling things should be running quicker.

I've heard that nvidias xrender support is poor, could this be the
cause? Are their tests I could carry out to pinpoint the bottleneck?

Thanks in advance,
Eoin.