[waimea] styles format and themes --

Craig Duquette cduquette at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 22:19:24 EET 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:43:26 -0600 (CST), Gerall Kahla
<gkahla at chromebob.com> wrote:
> howdy -
>
> i haven't heard much on this list, so i thought i'd drop a line and see
> what happens...
>
> i'm using waimea 0.4.0-r1.  i'm interested in creating some styles and
> themes.  the freedesktop wiki seems a little convoluted to follow - could
> someone point me in the direction of the format for these files?
>
> if required, i could look thru the source.  however, if someone's
> documented this already it would be a great resource!
>
> also; does anyone have any styles / themes for this newer version of waimea?
>
> thanks for your time and attention - i look forward to any responses.
>
> --
> Gerall Kahla / gkahla / the Celestial Mechanic
> remember:  all waves collapse.

I tried randomly editting the styles file and I could just move
objects around, which left horrible gaps between the windows and the
windowbar. I'm sure it can be done, I'm going to play with it some
more. I saw in the archieves David said it's possible to port old
themes to the cvs version, so I'm guessing it is possible.

Right now all I know how to do is modify the style.conf to change the
colors. I also added a few more constants in that file to modify the
mouseover stuff and the closing of the buttons. I make themes for
openbox3, and I'd love to port them over to waimea due to ob3's dead
or slow development.