[waimea] waimea+cairo1.0 patch #3

Michael J M Thomson mjmt at internode.on.net
Sun Oct 16 15:28:34 EEST 2005

Graham Forest wrote:
> waimea+cairo1.0_3.patch applied to vanilla cvs doesn't seem to change
> anything compared to patch #2 + gcc4 fix for me. Oh, and if I `exec
> gnome-terminal` in my .xinitrc, and start waimea from that term, the
> term disappears (which is the same as the last, just including it for
> good measure).

Hmm, well, I think I'd better leave it at that then. There's not a lot more can
really be done that's within the scope of a quick patch[*].
On the plus side, I don't think this project is abandoned. By the sound of it
the author is just busy with things that, unlike writing window managers in
your spare time, actually pay the bills.

([*] The way cairo works now, it's no longer possible to share a drawing
context between parts of code that need to change the target surface that is to
be drawn on - contexts are now tied to the target they were created for.
Unfortunately Waimea's drawing classes do a lot of the former, so a fair bit of
refactoring is needed.)

Michael J M Thomson

Knock knock, Neo...
main(){int/* gcc matrix.c -o matrix */i=0,j,s[40]={0,},l[40];for(;;){s[i]||