"hosted" patch for nouveau - X under wayland

Darxus at chaosreigns.com Darxus at chaosreigns.com
Thu Dec 2 20:13:19 PST 2010

On 12/02, nerdopolis wrote:
> > And a patch to the X.org video driver, here:
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~krh/xf86-video-intel/log/?h=hosted

> I am trying to test the hosted x server (on intel)

> (EE) Failed to load module "intel" (module does not exist, 0)

You need to build and install the intel X driver from the above link.

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~krh/xf86-video-intel --branch hosted

With nouveau I needed to create a minimal xorg.conf.  Don't know if that's
the case with intel, but for me it looked like:

Section "Device"
Identifier "n"
Driver "nouveau"
EndSection

--
"Wash daily from nose-tip to tail-tip; drink deeply, but never too deep;
And remember the night is for hunting, and forget not the day is for sleep."