New to linux :) but interested in bugfixing for wayland

Ambrose J ambrose.jeyaprabhu at
Sun Dec 26 09:08:52 PST 2010

Hi ,

I am new to linux (so to wayland) , from a Microsoft windows platform
.Working as Tech lead in Microsoft technologies ..

Learning to use linux and also learning more about it . I looked into
the wayland project and found its young (sorry if I am wrong ), thought
I could contribute with some bug fixing ,later contribute to it more .

I also learnt that many mainstream Linux like Ubuntu & Fedora have plans
for this .

Right now since it is 1000 lines of code or more , it should be easy to
get a grip of it .Above in the mail I have mentioned my background so
that , please what to actually start with . Like books/tutorials to
learn about Window managers / opengl /  anything that is relevant so
that once I gone through them ,I can have some understanding and start
with Bug Fixing . Or provide me some info for like "Getting Started

Thanks and Regards Ambrose J