handling unknown messages (pt 2 of TODO)

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 11:00:11 PDT 2011

Are you talking about Wayland messages between the client and compositor?

I don't understand why you need to identify fd's in unknown message in
order to skip them. Isn't there a total length of the message and the
fd's are just embedded in this block of bytes?

I'm probably missing something here, sorry if this is a stupid question.
It sounds like the client is required to do something with every fd
found in a message, whether they understood it or not, but that has to
be wrong!