New build requirements related to wayland-egl

Darxus at chaosreigns.com Darxus at chaosreigns.com
Mon Feb 7 18:53:27 PST 2011

Requirements for building wayland changed today as support for the wayland
egl platform in mesa was added.  You kind of need to build both mesa and
wayland twice, due to them now depending on each other.  It sounds
like this will be fixed by splitting the wayland repo into two repos,
presumably one for libraries, and one containing the compositor and
client programs.

Follow http://wayland.freedesktop.org/building.html until you get to
building wayland.  Instead of "make && make install" for wayland, run
"make -C wayland/ install" to only build and install the wayland libraries.

Then build mesa again with the same build arguments as the
first time, except change "--with-egl-platforms=drm" to
"--with-egl-platforms=wayland,drm".  (The second build should go much
faster since most of it doesn't need to be rebuilt.)

Then rebuild wayland as normal, with "make && make install".

When I tried this, I didn't actually get the clients to work, so presumably
I got something wrong somewhere.

It sounds like this will change soon enough that it's not worth updating
the build instructions, but I'll probably do it anyway.

Once wayland is split into two repos, you'll just build the wayland
libraries before mesa, and build the wayland programs after mesa.

--
"every time I race I see god" - tsuwa, #motorcycles, EFNet, 7/19/06
http://www.ChaosReigns.com