[RFC] implement log facility using syslog

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 25 02:38:19 PDT 2011

On 07/23/2011 01:32 AM, Christian Hergert wrote:

> Can syslog() potentially block? If so, that might be an issue of
> concern. I don't think it is, at least officially stated, that
> syslog() is re-entrant safe (which may be of concern with regard to
> how signals are handled).

well, this depends the way syslog is implemented. And actually that's my
main selling point for using syslog instead our own logging
implementation: to push the efforts for someone that *knows* how to log.

For instance, rsyslog seem pretty up to date and being developed often.
I bet it deals nicely with a bunch of app consumers, not blocking them.

Thanks!
                                     Tiago