libwayland-egl.so missing 'wl_drm_interface'

Matt Hoosier matt.hoosier at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 06:33:29 PDT 2011

Hi,

I ran into a link error when trying to compile the demos repository
according to the instructions on the Building page:

  CCLD  compositor
  libwayland-egl.so: undefined reference to `wl_drm_interface'
  make[3]: *** [compositor] Error 1

All of the packages are freshly compiled from Git master as of yesterday.

I found that this symbol is intending to refer to the address of a global
struct provided by the core 'wayland' package. In master of that repo, the
struct is declared (but not defined). The 'terminal' branch does have its
definition, but the 'terminal' branch looks out-of-date. (No commits since
December.)

Any suggestions?