Memory issue with libcairo/gl and -nvidia binary driver

Bryce Harrington bryce at
Wed Mar 23 16:42:30 PDT 2011

In testing, we found an oddball issue that with enabling GL for
libcairo, when running under NVIDIA's proprietary driver applications
see significantly increased memory utilization.

For ubuntu we're working around this by having gl and non-gl binary
packages in libcairo, so wayland can use the former and everything else
the latter.  We will be seeking a more proper fix longer term.

I don't think this affects wayland directly, so just take as an FYI.