Proposing a simple-cairo-client for wayland-demos

Alberto Ruiz aruiz at gnome.org
Thu May 5 07:09:34 PDT 2011

Hello,

As an excercise to understand the basics of the wayland client API
I've developed a minimalistic cairo client. The main trouble I had
with simple-client is that the opengl bits were obfucating the basics
of the wayland API as some steps were hidden there (given my limited
understanding of EGL/GL that was a bit of an issue).

I developed a simpler client based on cairo-gl with no error checking
whatsoever to try to expose the basics of a wayland client a bit
better. I'd like to propose it for wayland-demos as I think it may be
useful to other people. Here's a link to the source code:

http://pastebin.com/kDtaEVGR

--
Cheers,
Alberto Ruiz